Sunday, December 7, 2008

Topic Answered...

So I asked about topics people wanted me to answer/address...

~How I spent my Thanksgiving this year...

~My thoughts on Polygamy

And I received only two other suggestions... And am going to answer one here...



Why do I not like mangoes?

Yes that was a question somebody wanted answered... I do not know why~ but they did~ so here is my best try...



Mangoes are cultivated throughout many tropical regions in the world~ with its mainstay in India and Southeast Asia... It is widely distributed around the world. "...Mango is one of the most extensively exploited fruits for food, juice, flavor, fragrance and color..." They are very healthy for you too~ with lots of phytochemicals, vitamin C, and other good nutrients...

And I must agree~ they are a beautiful fruit... The skin on the fruit, at least those available here in California, are usually a bright green with patches of blushing red and rich yellow... The skin is nice and smooth and firm... The scent of the fruit is very exotic... Depending on if you get a unripe or ripe piece~ you can have a sweetly sour scent that makes your jaw tingle and ache~ or a sensuously sweet scent that makes your mouth water with want... The inside of the fruit is a brilliant yellow-orange~ like the orange in the last rays of the sunset.

The colors, the smells of this fruit completely entice me... I have candles made with this scent... I have body washes and lotions made with its scent...

I just don't like the taste... There is no other explanation~ Sorry to disappoint!

(Smiles) I need other suggestions please...

4 comments:

Its A Frogs Life said...

The scent and taste of Mangoes completely contradict each other I think :)


Whats yer fav holiday desert? (Yeah I dont know why I wanna know, just wanna know)

Its A Frogs Life said...

Oh hey got another idea for you....one of those completely cliche questions that people are asked all the time, which is pretty stupid to me, but here is what you can write on...
If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?

mom of 2 wonderful brats said...

I have one...Why do you put up with a pain in the ass such as me?...and I agree Mango's taste and smell completely different, I wish they tasted as good as they smell....

Pentathalos said...

I love the taste of mango. Heck, I usually eat the skin just to get that last little bit. Mmm, mangoes. Wish I had some, but I didn't see any at the store yesterday. Oh well, I'll just have to settle for a pear. Mmm pears.