Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Found...

So~ I found an old book I have some writing in... Not necessarily all my writing~ but writing all the same... Decided I would share it~ at least until I decide it isn't worth reading then take the post down...

The Lady Lay

Far beyond the sky of gray
In a meadow, the baby lay
Warm and dry
Unlike the sky
The baby lay.

So innocent and sweet
From the top of her head, down to her feet
With a heart of gold
And a gaze so bold
The baby lay.

As years pass by
No longer a cry
Of a sweet, innocent baby
But of a beautiful young lady
The lady lay.

Still possessing the gaze so bold
And the heart of gold
The suitors chase
Her sweet innocent face
The lady lay.

Under the sky so blue
She stands with her heart so true
He asked, :Do you take this man named Wes?"
With tears in her eyes she said, "Yes."
And, the lady lay.

Through all of life's trials
And her husbands denials
She stayed by his side
Until the day he died
The widow lay.

Full, was never her life to be
For her husband just could not see
That all the times he lied
She kept to her room and cried
The widow lay.

A child was all he left
And she smiled as it slept
She knelt down to pray
At the end of each day
The mother did lay.

Alone in her room
Her time has come none too soon
A creak of the door
That she can barely hear anymore
The mother lay.

She opened her eyes to see
Her young daughter Beverly
She smiled, said, "I love you" and took a deep breath
Squeezed her daughter's hand, and relaxed in her death
As the lady lay.

Many will mourn
And few will scorn
The gaze so bold
And her heart of gold
As the lady at last lay.

3 comments:

mom of 2 wonderful brats said...

WOW!!! that's all I can say is WOW!

~Jessica~ said...

WOW what???
You've seen that before- in fact you and Justin stole it multiple times out of my folder at school!!!

mom of 2 wonderful brats said...

I stole so many things out of your folder at school...homework would be a prime example...although I did return it after I copied it...