Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"There comes a point when you stop being friends and you become sisters..."

"We weren't sisters by birth, but we knew from the start...
Fate brought us together to be sisters by heart."

I haven't known my best friend since I was teeny tiny... Fourteen years... Just under half my lifetime... A relatively short time... But so many memories that I have...

Being blatantly asked if I was a snob in P.E. Was my first few days in a brand new school... Didn't know anyone, was scared to death because I had already seen four knock-down drag out fights... And horribly shy~ and then I meet this girl who totally knocked me off balance and skewed my way of looking at things... I've adjusted to my slanted view~ and never looked back...

Being asked how close I sat next to a certain guy in Geometry... How much I talked to him... And asked to give him a tape... Funny how the world twists- was the same guy I "liked" when I was in 4th grade in another city... Similar tastes...

Sitting in a darkened Auditorium listening to the glee club... And her pointing out this guy...

Missing her when I had to change schools, yet again... A good friend, the kind I hadn't had in a long time... Will I ever see her again???

Attending Sunday school with her... Giggling behind our hands at the teacher... Teasing a guy...

Going to a water park... Being left alone for hours, while she traipsed about with a guy she has a crush on... Getting badly sunburned... Should have been in the hospital that time...

Senior year of high school... Two classes together... Poor teachers... A.P. Psych~ trying to analyze one another's "issues". A.P. Comp... That teacher hated me for some odd reason~ and loved you... Not a comforting change of events for the teacher's pet...

First time ditching class... Well~ technically just not returning from lunch... The AP comp teacher won't miss me anyways... Hanging out at Jack in the Box, eating fries with mayo...

Covering for you~ when you ditched and went to church... Sitting on the swings~ worrying if your life was about to take an unexpected twist... And us not sure how to proceed...

Making a maze through Christmas trees for the Key Club... You trying to get lost with another crush...

Moving away~ and in with your dad... Picking Jennifer and I up for school in your Dad's truck~ parking on the sidewalk and falling into the truck...

Hanging out in the drama room~ and making fun of the "weird" drama people...

Graduation... Losing touch... Missing the laughter and good times...

Finding you again... Finding out you got married... Sad I wasn't invited... But happy you chose to include me in your life again...

Seeing you hold Bobbie in your arms after she was born... Being allowed to hold her~ even though I think I will break her... Watching you watch her in her swing... Watching you be happy in your marriage... Watching her grow... Seeing your new house~ all grown up...

Losing touch again... Finding you yet again... Pregnant with baby #2... Excitement... Watching you hold Krista... Watching Bobbie and Robert hold her... Being allowed to hold her~ even though I think I will break her too...

Staying in touch... Watching your kids grow... Being an auntie...

Knocking you down in the snow... Dislocating your knee... Clutching the seat driving down the mountain... Birthday parties... Firsts...

Being there for one another... Laughing... Living... Loving...

Fourteen years... Not a long time... But full of wonderful memories that I wouldn't trade for anything... Priceless... I hope I am around long enough to have at least another fourteen years of friendship to look forward to... Your friendship and you are irreplacable...

Thank you for enriching my life... For pushing me beyond my limits~ and making me try... For letting me be a part of your family... For teaching me how to have fun~ and goading me to continue... Thank you for all you do and all you are...

Happy Birthday M'Dear... May all your wishes come true... And I hope you have many more to come~ so that we can celebrate them (or not celebrate them~ but have fun all the same) together...

XOXO

2 comments:

mom of 2 wonderful brats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mom of 2 wonderful brats said...

I guess I have always been Kinda blunt...I missed you more than you will ever know in the times we lost touch, not only did I not have my best friend around but I had no one to pull me back down to earth as I often need...I guess I used to let guys rule my world ( I have since learned form a different example, that is a bad idea!)...You really are the yin to my yang and I don't know what I would do with out you, so don't plan on ever losing touch again (I am not afraid to become a stalker)...I love you sweetie and I am so lucky to have you in my life...